That’s how I’m greeting this bright and shiny New Year. The first days of January always feel so lovely and supple, ready to be moulded to our will. Promising new things, better things… maybe even a better me and you. Was is that feeling about? Maybe it’s hope, a clean slate, a blank canvas (insert innumerable resonating cliches here).
How was your last year? Mine was wonderful and difficult:
- I got a new job at a university,
- I got some great results and feedback in my Master of Arts in Creative Writing,
- I finished a novella (twice),
- I got two rejections from literary journals,
- I had a good long tussle with my expectations,
- I moved house,
- I worked at being a better friend,
- I wrote a lot (but never enough),
- I had the honour of leading some brilliant young men and women,
- I read about 20 new books (mostly in the second half of the year)
And now and now and now, that’s all behind me and all your highlights and lowlights are behind you. This brand new year is just waiting to be written on, messed up, fixed up and I for one can’t wait! Sending my wishes for a full, thriving and joyful year your way.